[rt-users] Re: Multiple User Add

Mike Husband m.husband at leadup.com.au
Fri Jan 23 00:55:36 EST 2004

I don't see any RT tool or module that you could use to bulk add users.

Also, from my inspection of the RT schema, I think you would need to be
very careful if you add users directly using sql.

You would need to add your groups first to the Groups and Principals tables.
Then you could add your users to the Users and Principals tables.
Next add your user/group mapping to the GroupMembers table.
You may also have to add something to the CachedGroupMembers table,
but I haven't seen enough to know what needs to be done here.

My inclination would be to do only the first 2 steps in sql
and then go into RT to set up the group mappings.

But then, I'm also a novice.  Others might have better ideas.