[rt-users] rt3 on Redhat Enterprise 3

dr john halewood john at frumious.unidec.co.uk
Tue Jan 27 13:20:45 EST 2004

On Tuesday 27 Jan 2004 3:21 pm, Jeff Minelli wrote:
>Besides LANG=C, at least one perl module has to be installed by hand as
>'make test' will fail for root and cause CPAN not to install the
>package; unfortunately I can't remember which module it was (perhaps
>LWP). A tip when working with CPAN is to have a few cold beers handy.

Apache::Test and Apache::Request are among the culprits here - they will run
the tests as root, but drop privileges to nobody and then require rwx
permission on the directory you're running the tests in. I'm currently trying
to make rpms of all the CPAN packages needed by RT and getting bitten by this
quite regularly.

cheers
john