[rt-users] Self-Service and unprivileged users

Jonathan Chen JChen at paymentone.com
Fri Jan 30 16:41:34 EST 2004

Hello all,

1) I just want to know if its ok to leave out  $Address part when autocreating accounts to just "$NewUser->Create(Name => ($Username),"

lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm

         my ($Val, $Message) =
                         $NewUser->Create(Name => ($Username || $Address),
                         EmailAddress => $Address,
                         RealName => "$Name",
                         Password => undef,
                         Privileged => 0,
                         Comments => 'Autocreated on ticket submission'
                 );

2)  If above is fine, how about taking off the .com from john at somewhere.com.   Basically when using SelfService I would like to have the client not type their full email address.   Just john at somewhere.  Can this be easily done?

3)  Have not checked myself, but want to ask for a quick question here. =)
    If I want to disable selfcreating of user accounts, how would I go about it?

http://lists.fsck.com/pipermail/rt-users/2002-December/011139.html

Thanks for any help!

Jonathan Chen