[rt-users] Plugins

Philip Shon crazypheel at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 1 14:13:05 EDT 2004

I've searched the mailing list and I can't seem to find a definitive answer.

I want to try using the Spamassassin plugin for rt-mailgate, so I can gain a better understanding of how the MailPlugin feature works.  I can't seem to find where I could would place Filter::SpamAssassin in @RT::MailPlugin.

Here are my two guesses,

1)  In Mail.pm:

I place the command:
    push @RT::MailPlugins, "Filter::SpamAssassin"

in line 760 right after it says

push @RT::MailPlugins, "Auth::MailFrom" unless @RT::MailPlugins

so the chunk of code in Mail.pm would look like this

   push @RT::MailPlugins, "Auth::MailFrom" unless @RT::MailPlugins;

    push @RT::MailPlugins, "Filter::SpamAssassin";    ###### LINE THAT I AM THINKING OF ADDING
    # Since this needs loading, no matter what

    for (@RT::MailPlugins) {

2) In RT_SiteConfig.pm

adding the line:

push @RT::MailPlugins, "Filter::SpamAssassin";

3)  something else......???

Maybe I'm approaching this wrong, if I am (which I'm sure of) I'd appreciate it if someone would point me in the right direction.

Thank you.

-Phil