[rt-users] FreeBSD Apache port questions

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Thu Jul 1 17:38:26 EDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-30 at 00:50, Justin Hawkins wrote:

> I'm not convinced that the old mantra 'mod_perl as a DSO is bad' is
> still true.
>
> I'm also not convinced if it was *ever* true under FreeBSD.
>
> I've certainly never had any problem with mod_perl compiled out of
> ports, as a DSO.
>
> I have an RT implementation in production under it right now.

I think the big problem was with RedHat's pre-7.3 releases.  Somewhere
as an update to 7.2 they finally got the compile options right
for the DSO version and it worked correctly other than the
well-known memory leak on an apache graceful restart.  I haven't
trusted mod_perl under Apache 2.0 enough to try it on RH 8+/fedora.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com