[rt-users] Purpose of Prepare()?

Ruslan U. Zakirov cubic at acronis.ru
Mon Jul 12 12:57:05 EDT 2004

It's logic split.
In general case any ScripAction should work on any transaction so in
prepare block you prepare Action, for example: SendMail action prepare
recipients lists and if it's empty it's return false(RT stop processing).
Our local scrips depends on CFs and in prepare code I check whether them
exist or not. Or Scrip make sence only under 'Create|Priority-Change'
transaction, check it in prepare.

Commit code does action, all objects are loaded and code only finalize
things.
							Ruslan.