[rt-users] Assessing RT - RHEL installed base

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Mon Jul 12 15:06:42 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-07-12 at 13:39, Charles A. Monteiro wrote:
> I am embarrassed to say that I don't know what WBEL but sure it counts :),
> I have played with Linux in the past but most of my professional
> development experience has been on commercial Unixes i.e. AIX primarily
> and Windows boxes. It seems that Linux may fit what I need to do now.

WBEL is 'white box enterprise linux' which is Red Hat's version
rebuilt from the free SRPM components.  It is hard to keep up with
application versions but the last time I looked RHEL (thus WBEL)
had an older version of perl than RT requires and if you have to
upgrade things by hand it kind of defeats the purpose of a distribution
like RHEL that is supposed to stay stable with bugfix-only updates
for a long period.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com