[rt-users] Size of ibdata tablespaces

Ruslan U. Zakirov cubic at acronis.ru
Wed Jul 14 10:25:05 EDT 2004

Asif, did you read MySQL manual? I sent you link. There is answer on the
page. Read it.

Did you try an expirement:
mysql -u root -p test
CREATE TABLE ibdata_size_test(...) TYPE=InnoDB;
INSERT INTO ibdata_size_test VALUES(...);
FLUSH TABLES;

ensure that ibdata growing after several inserts
then do
DELETE FROM ibdata_size_test;
FLUSH TABLE;
check size
!!! First result here !!!

then try the same INSERTs again and FLUSH
does the size grows? !!! Second experiment results !!!

			Ruslan.