[rt-users] RTx::Shredder to delete old tickets

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Wed Jul 14 14:57:07 EDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 10:23, Ruslan U. Zakirov wrote:

> This is not just script, it's distro. Big todo entry is "write export
> tool", this mean: you do delete and get copy in file with all deps, then
> you can return object back or insert it into another RT instance(for
> example into 'archive RT instance').
>

> Wishes, Feedback are wellcom as usual ;)

I have nearly as many users as tickets since most come from internet
email and I think some queries have to write temp files to complete
the join (this is in RT2).  If I used shredder to delete old
tickets, could it also delete the unprivileged users that no
longer had tickets in the system?   I'm planning to start over
with a clean RT3 install, but I'll be in the same shape again next
year unless there is a clean way to remove things.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com