[rt-users] Postfix/fetchmail incoming mail setup

Andre Truter linux at trusoft.co.za
Wed Jul 14 19:35:09 EDT 2004

I am setting up a server for Request Tracker on SuSE 9.1

Part of the functionality is that the system should read a pop3 mailbox
and pile the mail into a Request Tracker script.

This is setting in /etc/aliases
rt:	"|/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue General --action correspond --url
http://rt.issues.site/"

I have set up fetchmail via the YaST mail configurator to fetch the mail
and deliver it to user "rt".

The mail gets collected, but it is delivered to rt at localhost and not rt.

I'm not sure if the script is actually called by postfix and if the
error is caused by the mail gateway script or by postfix.
I also cannot see any other related logs or messages in the system log.

This is the message in the postfix log file:

--<snip>--
Jul 15 00:51:28 localhost postfix/qmgr[3139]: C7F3713473:
from=<andre at trusoft.co.za>, size=1837, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
Jul 15 00:51:29 localhost postfix/smtpd[3152]: disconnect from
localhost[127.0.0.1]
Jul 15 00:51:29 localhost postfix/local[3156]: 3BABF12218:
to=<rt at localhost.cspsolutions.net>, orig_to=<rt at localhost>, relay=local,
delay=1, status=deferred (temporary failure. Command output: An Error
Occurred =================  500 Internal Server Error )
--<snip>--

Any idea what is wrong?

Thanks
--
Andre Truter Software Engineer Registered Linux user #185282
ICQ #40935899 AIM: trusoftzaf http://www.trusoft.co.za

~ "Oh Bother!" said the Borg, "We assimilated the Pooh!" ~