[rt-users] Splitting RT-Installation and rt-mailgate

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Thu Jul 15 20:03:31 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'd like to install RT on a host and not have an SMTP-daemon listening
on that host, but have rt-mailgate installed on the mailserver and
deliver the messages via http to the RT-server.
I thought this is possible since rt3 - but I found no documentation how
to achieve this.
I don't want to do a complete install of RT3 on the mailserver, due to
the enormous amount of additional Perl-Modules.
Just a minimal install, so that rt-mailgate works.

Any help appreciated.

cheers,
Rainer