[rt-users] Images do not show

M3 Freak m3freak at rogers.com
Fri Jul 16 15:33:00 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-16 at 09:44, Ruslan U. Zakirov wrote:
> At least for mod_perl I've add into httpd.conf:
>
> # disable mod_perl for images location
>          <Location /NoAuth/images>
>                  SetHandler default-handler
>          </Location>
>
> I don't know how to configure FastCGI.

Strange.  I hit reply and my message only went to Ruslan; it never made
it to the list.  Anyway, here's what I wrote earlier and intended to
send to the list.
-----------------

Well, we're the ones that gave up on the broken image. :)  We tried a
number of things, but we didn't really spend enough time with it.

Anyway, I was following this thread that Charles started, and I was
about to try your suggestion.  But, Charles sent me an off-list email
with the fix and said that it was working for them.

I tried it out too, and sure enough it worked.  However, I had to change
the ownership on the images in the ../NoAuth/images/ directory from
"root:bin" to "root:apache" in order to give Apache access to them.

I'm not sure if this represents any security problems.  If you or anyone
else sees any problems with the image permissions (besides the fact that
they will have to be tweaked each time RT is upgraded), please let us
and the list know.

Hope this info helps others out, too.

Thanks,

Kanwar