[rt-users] Rt 3.0.10 Windows Version - Fetchmail not working

Christian Fischer christian at fischer3.de
Mon Jul 19 10:21:17 EDT 2004

Hi,

I have tried to install RT 3.0.10 on a Windows Server 2003 machine (
http://p4.elixus.org/dist ), everything worked fine, except of the
fetchmail installation:

The login to the POP3-Server etc. works very well, but the invocation of
"rt-mailgate.in" does not work.
The content of the file "rt-mailgate.conf" is:

poll popmail.space.net proto pop3:
username christian.fischer at key-tec.de password xxx mda
"c:/progra~2/ourInternet/common/perl/bin/perl.exe
c:/progra~2/ourinternet/reques~1/rt/bin/rt-mailgate.in --url
http://localhost:8284/ --queue Eingang --action correspond"

The output is:

fetchmail: starting fetchmail 6.2.5 daemon
fetchmail: 6.2.5 querying popmail.space.net (protocol POP3) at Mon Jul
19 16:13:30 2004: poll started
fetchmail: POP3< +OK <1415.1090245995 at popmail.space.net>
fetchmail: POP3> CAPA
fetchmail: POP3< -ERR authorization first
fetchmail: POP3< +OK <1438.1090245995 at popmail.space.net>
fetchmail: POP3> USER christian.fischer at key-tec.de
fetchmail: POP3< +OK
fetchmail: POP3> PASS *
fetchmail: POP3< +OK
fetchmail: POP3> STAT
fetchmail: POP3< +OK 2 6559
fetchmail: POP3> LAST
fetchmail: POP3< +OK 0
2 messages for christian.fischer at key-tec.de at popmail.space.net (6559
octets).
fetchmail: POP3> LIST 1
fetchmail: POP3< +OK 1 4740
fetchmail: POP3> TOP 1 99999999
fetchmail: POP3< +OK
reading message christian.fischer at key-tec.de@popmail.space.net:1 of 2
(4740 octets)
#...fetchmail: SIGPIPE thrown from an MDA or a stream socket error
fetchmail: 6.2.5 querying popmail.space.net (protocol POP3) at Mon Jul
19 16:13:34 2004: poll completed

The line before the last shows the error.
My suggestion is, that even the perl interpreter is not executed,
because when I live the mda-Keyword blank, the same error occurs, or
when I insert a not-existing file. And I insert a print- and
exit-command in the file "rt-mailgate.in" - no output!

My "actions" sofar were:
- Changed the DOS- from "progra~1" to "progra~2", as I have a German
installation, and there the folder is named "Programme", and this is
"..1", and "Program Files" is "...2"
- Ran the line in commandline - worked, except that I had to replace the
slashes to backslashes.
- Changed the Slashes to backslashes in every possible combination, also
with masking bei hexadecimal values etc.

Has anyone run a successful installation on windows?
Any help would be really appreciated!

Regards - Christian