[rt-users] Per-transaction reply/comment with quoting

Michael S. Liebman m-liebman at northwestern.edu
Mon Jul 19 12:16:29 EDT 2004

On Mon, Jul 19, 2004 at 12:07:07PM -0400, Bret Martin wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 12:03:09 EDT "Michael S. Liebman" wrote:
> > Are you sure you have appropriate rights for corresponding
> > and commenting?
>
> Since I can comment and correspond, I'd have to say yes!
>
> Looking, I now see that I had ModifyTicket, but not CommentOnTicket and
> ReplyToTicket.  Adding those two gets me the links.
>
> I guess I thought ModifyTicket included some of the other rights, based
> on the description in the manual (and the behavior -- I was perfectly
> able to comment and reply, those links just didn't appear).
>
> Is this a bug?

I'd say its more an attempt to correct some of the confusion related
to ModifyTicket. ModifyTicket has been a bit too broad in its
application. Allowing commenting and changing of custom fields
shouldn't necessarily be related.

Michael
Michael S. Liebman                      m-liebman at northwestern.edu
                  http://msl521.freeshell.org/
"I have vision and the rest of the world wears bifocals."
        -Paul Newman in "Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid"