[rt-users] Problem running RT 3.2.1 with Apache 2.x & FastCGI

Gonzalo Servat gonzalo at linuxaus.com
Mon Jul 19 12:17:08 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-07-19 at 12:13 -0400, Vivek Khera wrote:
> I've run into this with DBD::Pg 1.3x and mod_perl.  Try DBD::Pg 1.22
> which is the last version I know to work well and see if it goes away.
> None of my production servers has any DBD::Pg newer than that.
>
> Basically, I find the DBD::Pg 1.3x loses values from placeholders and
> tries to insert NULLs where it should be inserting real values.

Hi Vivek,

I've actually fixed all my problems. I have a working RT installation
with Apache2, FastCGI & PostgreSQL. What I ended up doing was dumping
the data from MySQL into Pg format (using a my2pg.pl script) and editing
the output to remove any commands to create indexes, schemas &
sequences. Instead, I created the schemas, indexes & sequences from the
schema.Pg supplied with rt-3.2.1. I then inserted the data from the SQL
file generated by my2pg.pl and it worked fine. :) (I had to replace a
few empty values ('') in integer fields as dumped by my2pg.pl to say
'NULL' instead, as PostgreSQL didn't like using '' in an integer field)

Regards,
Gonzalo