[rt-users] populating custom fields during creation from emails

Brett Barnhart BrettB at hkusa.com
Mon Jul 19 12:52:47 EDT 2004

We have a web form that will generate an email that will be used to create a
ticket.

I'd like to autopopulate custom fields with values from the email.

So, in the email, I might have something like $name= Brett Barnhart and I'd
like that to be put into the Name custom field.

Could someone send me an easy example of how to do this?

I searched wiki and archives where I saw this question, but no a simple
answer.

(I need more then, "Write a script to parse out the email." I need an
example to get started)

Thanks!
Brett