[rt-users] MTA of Choice?

Stuart Krivis stuart at krivis.com
Mon Jul 19 18:57:01 EDT 2004

Stevo wrote:

> What do you guys use for your MTA on your RT systems?  I've been using
> Exim, but I'm loading a new RT box up and am thinking of changing to
> Postfix... any opinions on these?

I can't really comment on using either Exim or Postfix with RT since I
just used Sendmail.

I've used Postfix and Qmail and like both of them (for different reasons
:-), but that isn't really relevant.

My advice would be to check the FAQ, Wiki, docs, and mailing lists for
info on using Exim with RT.

It's usually wise to stick with an MTA you know, rather than just
jumping to something else. You'll stand less of a chance of shooting
yourself in the foot, or opening a security hole.

To put it another way, Exim is a well-respected MTA, and you can keep
using it unless you find a good reason _not to_. :-)

Stuart Krivis		stuart at krivis.com