[rt-users] LDAP and SSL problem

Kirk Storer backsstock at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 21 13:51:42 EDT 2004

I was using RT 3.0 and recently upgraded to the newest
release. Now I am having trouble with the LDAP and
SSL. If I comment out the LDAP stuff, I get the RT
login page. If I comment out the RT stuff, and change
the DocumentRoot to "/var/www/html" then the LDAP
works. However, if I leave it as below, I get the
apache login prompt, but when I login nothing happens.
This is essentially the same configuration that was
working, any ideas on what is wrong?

<VirtualHost *:443>

DocumentRoot "/opt/rt3/share/html"
ServerAdmin admin at localhost
ErrorLog /var/log/rt-ssl_error_log
TransferLog /var/log/rt-ssl_access_log

AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

PerlSetVar MasonArgsMethod CGI
PerlModule Apache2 Apache::compat
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^(.*)/$ $1/index.html

PerlModule Apache::DBI
PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl

ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/rt-ssl-error_log
CustomLog /var/log/httpd/rt-ssl-access_log combined

<Location />
    require valid-user
    AuthType Basic
    AuthName "Restricted Access"
    AuthLDAPEnabled On
    AuthLDAPURL
ldap://ldap.server.address:389/ou=users,o=asdf

    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlHandler RT::Mason
</Location>
</VirtualHost>