[rt-users] Re: Documentation on External Authenication

seph seph at directionless.org
Sun Jul 25 11:48:43 EDT 2004

> Can someone point me to documentation on the nuts and bolts of
> External Authenication?

I'm certain the docs cover this, but I'm not going groveling for
pointers. you may be looking for something deeper than is really
there.

The stock RT support for external auth, is just to trust what apache
sets REMOTE_USER to. additionally there are some functions to
canonicalize that string (to strip domain names, or map, or whatever)
and functions to auto create users by looking up their info
externally.

> I see code in RT3 that supports this and it apears it has the
> capability of automatically adding users based upon External
> Authenication.  What types of External Authenication are supported.

Anything you can do in apache. Which is pretty much anything.

seph