[rt-users] asset tracking

nate n8-rt at adullmoment.com
Tue Jun 1 21:33:54 EDT 2004

This is probably the billionth time someone's asked this, but what's
the state of asset tracking in RT? Is anyone willing to make this
happen if there's money involved?

I've read all the threads about vague plans but don't know if anyone's
tackled an asset tracking module yet. Does anyone have something close?
Is it possible to do this using custom fields? That seems inefficient,
but I'll take what I can get.

I'm reviewing helpdesk packages right now and have a bunch of coworkers
complaining that asset tracking MUST be included in the solution we
choose. Asset information doesn't change that often in our environment,
but it would be nice to correlate problems with hardware.

Thanks,

nate