[rt-users] Looking for more documentation on RT3's mailgate...

Peter Losher Peter_Losher at isc.org
Thu Jun 3 19:39:50 EDT 2004

Hi,

I am currently testing RT3 internally so that we can migrate our RT2 installs
over at some point.  The install has been painless (thanks to
FreeBSD's /usr/ports)  But what has stimied me has been the new (to RT3)
rt-mailgate.

It looks like it does basically a HTTP post to the web interface, and since we
put our app server behind various auth mechanisms (mod_auth_kerb and
mod_auth_pgsql) it has no way to post any messages to the application server
via HTTPD.   I have been scowering Google for more info on how RT3's
rt-mailgate works to get around this, but to no avail...

So:

a) can it talk over https?

b) how does it talk to the application server?  (Even with
$WebFallbackToInternalAuth defined, it still throws up "An Error Occurred
=================  401 Authorization Required")  Is there a user I need to
add, etc?

Thanks in advance for any tips you can provide...

Best Wishes - Peter
--
Peter_Losher at isc.org | ISC | OpenPGP 0xE8048D08 | "The bits must flow"