[rt-users] Looking for more documentation on RT3's mailgate...

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Thu Jun 3 21:07:32 EDT 2004

--On Thursday, June 03, 2004 16:56 -0700 Peter Losher
<Peter_Losher at isc.org> wrote:

> On Thursday 03 June 2004 04:52 pm, Michael Loftis wrote:
>
>> The URL is passed to LWP::UserAgent so if you've got SSL support built
>> into your LWP (usually so) you can use https, as for auth you can use
>> username:password at host form of the URL.
>
> Thanks!

NP

> So based on this - I should create a RTMail user in RT, complete w/ a
> "local"  password, and the ability to comment/reply to messages, and then
> change the  --url tag to something like
> "https://RTMail:f00bat@<host>/rt3/"
>
> How with that affect incoming messages - will it have any new tickets it
> creates set the requestor to RTMail or the original email address of the
> sender?

It won't affect them at all you're just getting past apache in this path --
anything under NoAuth is just that in RT... RT::Interface::Email::Gateway()
is what is getting executed (essentially -- acutally it's the mason
mail-gateway /usr/local/rt3/share/html/REST/1.0/NoAuth/mail-gateway in
FreeBSD) and it makes a run by the guts of the
RT::Interface::Email::Auth::MailFrom package in order to figure out the
Auth, so that path ignores your REMOTE_USER.

And yeah it's a bit convoluted but it works :)

Hope that answers your question.

--
GPG/PGP --> 0xE736BD7E 5144 6A2D 977A 6651 DFBE 1462 E351 88B9 E736 BD7E