[rt-users] Escalating ticket by customer

Alex S. Burba burba at rfn.ru
Sun Jun 6 18:50:13 EDT 2004

Hi.

Does RT have a standard feature which allows a customer to escalate his
own ticket? I tried to find such thing, but didn't find anything standard.

More detail description of 'escalating ticket by customer':
A simple customer sends the request, support/NOC creates a ticket and
openes it, and so that customer gets a message saying "Your problem has
got ticket number XXX ...". Ok, for some time the customer is satisfied.
A few hours have passed - no furhter messages have followed. The
customer is worried that there is no new information (progress) about
his trouble, he understands that sending another request with the same
problem is a bad idea, so he needs some kind of way to escalate his own
ticket to attract more attention to it of the support/NOC personal.

P.S. I'm only asking about some kind of standard feature of RT which can
be used to do such thing. I clearly see that there are numerous ways to
do that manualy (like a simple add-on to RT), but I'm firstly interested
if RT has got something already.

--
Bye.
Alex S. Burba