[rt-users] problem with fetchmail

Paula McGraw pmcgraw at aamc.org
Tue Jun 8 11:48:22 EDT 2004

Here's how I addressed that error - from an earlier list post -

This error -  "MDA returned nonzero status 127 not flushed"?  Sorry to
say that once I got it running I haven't found the time to go back and
id what was missing from the RT installer.  I see that since I
installed, a new packaged release was posted.  Not sure if latest
includes what may have been an outdated or missing cygwin dll.

My steps for fixing - downloaded cygwin (www.cygwin.com) and selected a
minimal install.
Then ran RT install.
Copied \program files\ourinternet\common\fetchmail\rt-mailgate.conf.in
to rt-mailgate.conf
Edited to rt-mailgate.conf file to reflect my settings
Save changes
Selected rt-mailgate.conf file properties - security - advanced - owner
- select logged in user not domain admin
Clicked on rt-mailgate shortcut to start retrieving mail

>>> Rtuser <rtuser at slynetworks.com> 6/8/2004 11:20:50 AM >>>
I can't seem to get fetchmail to work.  I've tried to point (pop3,imap)
to different servers, exchange and imail with same results.  I've
created different queues with different addresses and still no dice.
Help!

Thanks,
Oscar.

results when running rt-mailgate pop3 mode:

fetchmail: starting fetchmail 6.2.5 daemon
1 message for newqueue at mail.mydomain.com (651 octets).
reading message newqueue at mail.mydomain.com:1 of 1 (651 octets)
fetchmail: MDA r
eturned nonzero status 127
 not flushed
fetchmail: sleeping at Tue Jun 08 10:04:48 2004

... in imap mode:
fetchmail: starting fetchmail 6.2.5 daemon
1 message (1 seen) for newqueue at mail.mydomain.com.
skipping message newqueue at mail.mydomain.com:1 not flushed
fetchmail: sleeping at Tue Jun 08 10:17:03 2004