[rt-users] Re: Perl Question

MikeHamilton at clovisusd.k12.ca.us MikeHamilton at clovisusd.k12.ca.us
Thu Jun 10 20:33:31 EDT 2004

I want to customize rt, which is why I'm asking the question...
I basically understand that mason allows you to embed Perl in html. I'm confused however by how cgi.pm seems to almost be the idea of simply generating html using Perl as opposed to Mason allowing you to embed Perl in html. What I want advice on is this:
Since I'm just learning, but would like to customize rt, should I spend any time with cgi.pm or just crack open the mason book and learn that approach.
I'm not asking the wrong forum, because RT is the main reason that I want to learn Perl. I've read a couple of Perl books, but just wanted a bit of direction.

..