[rt-users] RTFM "create new classes" error

Jansen Robert rjansen at vub.ac.be
Mon Jun 14 11:39:56 EDT 2004

At 1:04 PM +0400 6/12/04, Ruslan U. Zakirov wrote:
>Mike Patterson wrote:
>>This solved my problem for me:
>>
>>http://marc.free.net.ph/message/20040123.215715.974d9463.html
>>
>>Adding this socket statement to the /my-rtinstall-dir/lib/RT.pm in
>>the    if ($RT::LogToSyslog) { statement just above the stderr =>
>>1, fixed it for me:
>>
>>socket => 'inet'
>Now you can do it in RT config. There is special comment about this problem.
>
>				Best regards. Ruslan.
>
>RT Developer and Administrator training is coming to LA, DC and
>Frankfurt this spring and summer.
>http://bestpractical.com/services/training.html
>
>Sign up early, as class space is limited.

I'm also using Solaris, so this was a very welcome addition to RT.
Thanks Jesse.

Example:
I added this:

# On Solaris, set to ( socket => 'inet' ).  Options here override any
# other options RT passes to Log::Dispatch::Syslog.  Other interesting
# flags include facility and logopt.  (See the Log::Dispatch::Syslog
# documentation for more information.)  (Maybe ident too, if you have
# multiple RT installations.)

#@LogToSyslogConf = (socket => 'inet') unless (@LogToSyslogConf);

@LogToSyslogConf = (socket => 'inet') unless (@LogToSyslogConf);

to my RT_SiteConfig.pm, restarted apache and the RTFM 2.0.4 no longer croaks.

Thanks Ruslan for the pointer.
--
Brussels University

email: rjansen at vub.ac.be