[rt-users] Re: RT 3 in FreeBSD Jail

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Sat Jun 19 16:05:16 EDT 2004

Oskar Eyb wrote:

>> >okay, I'll update perl..
>
> .. but where commnitted? On a german cvsup-mirror was nothing new on
> perl (and src)

http://www.freshports.org/lang/perl5.8/

I don't think you are using the right "mirror".
Try cvsup5 or 2 or 3.

>> >error:          mkdir /usr/local/rt3/var/mason_data/obj/standard:
>> >Read-only file system
>> >
>> >because of the readl-only fs is still a problem for me.
>>
>> Is /usr and /usr/local the same fs ?
>

> Yes.

Can't you just mount /usr read-only and make /usr/local read-write ?

>> >Can RT be configured to use other directorys for writing?
>>

>> ./configure --help
>>
>> I've never tried, though. Perhaps someone else might want to comment about
>> this.
>

> Then I'm going to try a manual install of RT3.

>> >Why should TCP-connections to the database server not work?
>>
>> That's something completely different ;-)
>

> What else do you mean?
>
> PostgreSQL installed in a Jail also works here.. or did I smething
> wrong? ;)

Hm. I think I tried it and it didn't work - looked around a bit and saw
messages to the tune that it is not supposed to run - due to the fact the it
needs SHM and that not being available in a jail.

Rainer