[rt-users] error setting user

Cerion Armour-Brown cerion at open-works.co.uk
Mon Jun 21 11:20:55 EDT 2004

On Monday 21 June 2004 16:20, Paulo Matos wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Jun 2004, Cerion Armour-Brown wrote:
> > I'm getting an intermittent error when trying to set an initial user from
> > 'Nobody':
> > "Can't call method "Delete" on an undefined value at /opt/rt3/lib/RT/
> > Ticket_Overlay.pm line 3112"
> >
> > I've seen similar reports regarding 3.0.7 and postgresql, but I'm running
> > rt3.0.10 with mysql4.0.18, apache2.0.48, fastcgi.
>
> FWIW: All intermittent errors I've experienced in the past, even when the
> cause seemed too far away, were perl/utf8 related.
>
> point out your perl version as well...
Using perl v5.8.3

I only get the error occasionally, and only after a ticket is created with
user 'Nobody', and then the ticket is updated to a real user - it seems the
'Nobody' value was never entered on ticket creation...

So far I've only seen this when a ticket is created from email - not the web
interface (yet!)

Can anyone tell me if my hack might have any adverse effects?
Thanks,
Cerion