[rt-users] scrips and dynamic templates

Michael S. Liebman m-liebman at northwestern.edu
Mon Jun 21 17:02:56 EDT 2004

On Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 01:22:10PM -0500, Bob Goldstein wrote:
>   But not this:
>
>    [ if (...) { ]

Don't do that. That's a Template::Toolkitism. Text::Template uses
normal Perl as in your first example.

> Oh, well.  At least I _can_ get done what I need to,
> even if not pretty.

It may not look "pretty" to you, but its a whole heck of a lot easier
to understand instead of having to learn another "language."

> I realized after I sent my note,
> Mason would have been a better choice than Template::Toolkit,
> since RT already uses it.

RT only uses Mason for the UI. Text::Template is used for the message
templates.

Michael
Michael S. Liebman                      m-liebman at northwestern.edu
                  http://msl521.freeshell.org/
"I have vision and the rest of the world wears bifocals."
        -Paul Newman in "Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid"