[rt-users] Speeding Up RT by Removing Code to Display File Sizes

Jason Grigsby jason at kavi.com
Tue Jun 22 18:30:39 EDT 2004

We've been battling RT speed issues on our server over the past couple
of months. We had one ticket that took almost three minutes to load
with 30 transactions on the ticket.

One of our engineers found that removing the code that calculates the
file size of attachments and transactions significantly sped up our RT
installation. I've included his email to me below for reference.

I thought this might be of interest to those of you looking for way to
get better performance out of RT.

-Jason

Begin forwarded message: