[rt-users] Adding more status types

Ben Goodwin ben at atomicmatrix.net
Wed Jun 23 13:24:54 EDT 2004

We've added several status types here, and changed the logic to them a bit
as well - and it was relatively simple and doesn't patch any of the core
code - it's done via scrips or the 'local' directory.

For example, to define a new set of statuses, put this in
RTHOME/local/lib/RT/Queue_Local.pm:
============
use strict;
no warnings qw(redefine);

use vars qw(@STATUS @ACTIVE_STATUS @INACTIVE_STATUS $RIGHTS);

@ACTIVE_STATUS = qw(new open pending stalled parked);
@INACTIVE_STATUS = qw(resolved rejected deleted);
@STATUS = (@ACTIVE_STATUS, @INACTIVE_STATUS);

1;
============

Notice my new status types (pending and parked)

I changed things such that:

1) comment/correspondence doesn't open a stalled ticket
2) *owner* comment/correspondence doesn't open a pending ticket
3) I rearranged the main menu to separate lists into new/open, pending,
stalled, parked, and ones I requested

I created RTHOME/local/lib/RT/Action/AutoOpen_Local.pm and added a new
'Prepare' sub which takes care of #1 and #2
#3 is simple copies and edits to RTHOME/local/html/Elements and
html/index.html

Done.

We use 'pending' to mean 'pending customer correspondence' and 'stalled' to
mean 'not enough time to work on this right now'
I want comments/correspondence to open pending tickets (aka a customer sends
something back in, so it's not pending anymore).. but not to stalled tickets
(aka I or someone else makes a quick note, but it's still a stalled item).

The changes I've made aren't lengthy, so if something major changes in the
RT API that would break my code (doubtful), it's not much work to adapt it.
I've happily upgraded throughout the RT3 series w/out issue, and the RT2 to
RT3 upgrade wasn't horrible either.

    -=| Ben