[rt-users] Adding more status types

ann at drop.2organize.com ann at drop.2organize.com
Thu Jun 24 04:46:15 EDT 2004

Dave wrote:

[...]
> senior mgt, other than just saying they're 'stalled.'  We tried custom fields
> for this and that works fine, except for the huge gotcha that the resolve
> screens (Listing.html or Update.html) don't show custom fields!!!! So what good
> would be a custom field showing a resolve code if you cannot see it without
> chunking over to "Basics," updating that, then sauntering back to Update.html
> and resolving.  Its a workflow headache I can't unleash on a busy staff, sounds
> like triviality there I am sure, but turning a 1-click resolve into a 3-4 click
> resolve detour is just not acceptable, the custom fields needs to be on the
> ticket resolve screens, imho.

We've had this problem as well.  My usual suggestion is to use the jumbo
view, because that does allow manipulation of custom variables.   It's not
perfect, however.

What I plan to do, when I get a chance, is modify the 'resolve' link
to display the jumbo view after changing jumbo to handle the 'DefaultStatus'
argument.  I'd also like to add a few extra submit buttons, and move the
comment section to higher in the page.

- Ann