[rt-users] Request for comments: Configurable Status

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Thu Jun 24 17:49:11 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-24 at 15:53, Jan Algermissen wrote:
> Suggestion:
>
> Use queues to categorize tickets (e.g. Incident, Request for change, etc)
> use ownership (and group membership) for responsibilities and watchers
> for access control for other interested parties.
> Do not use queues for responsibilities.

I think it makes more sense for the queues to tie to the people
performing the services.  Otherwise you'd have to set watchers
on every ticket and people would always have to look through
the 'wrong' queues for tickets that might need their service.

The only time it is a problem is when a ticket doesn't neatly
fit a single category or service and more than one group needs
to work on it.  Then you have to make the choice of moving the
ticket to the right people or making the people come get
the ticket - or come up with something better that isn't too
hard.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com