[rt-users] setting email From: field

Ruslan U. Zakirov cubic at acronis.ru
Thu Jun 24 18:47:04 EDT 2004

Erik Anderson wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 01:08:25 +0400, Ruslan U. Zakirov <cubic at acronis.ru> wrote:
>
>>Templates
>>
>>http://wiki.bestpractical.com/?FAQ
>

> Thanks for the pointer - that got me going in the right direction I
> believe.  If I'm understanding this correctly, I need to put "From:
> rt at foo.com" at the top of the relevant templates, correct?
>
> Well I've added that to the Autoreply template and the Transation
> template, and the emails are still being sent out incorrectly.
When you get mails from any source there is
sendmail flag for eg. It's for _bounced_ mails! You don't it back in RT,
but often you don't need it back to apache at example.com, but may be
rt-bounced at example.com.

If you wish one sender for your queue then you should override:
Sender:
and

For example(no new lines in template before header overriding lines):
From: Example Support Department <support at example.com>
Sender: Example Support Department <support at example.com>
RT-Attach-Message: Yes

{$Transaction->Content()}