[rt-users] Postgres Users: DBIx::SearchBuilder 1.00_06

Florian Weimer fw at deneb.enyo.de
Sat Jun 26 16:06:07 EDT 2004

* Jesse Vincent:

>> [Wed Jun 23 13:45:22 2004] [error] Can't locate object method "new"
>> via package "RT::Handle" at /opt/RT/lib/RT.pm line 147.\n
>
> That looks somewhat surprising.

Well, actually no.  If DBIx::SearchBuilder fails to load some of the
database-specific code, it tends to fail silently, without printing a
proper error message.

I learnt that the hard way when I had to look a foreign system for two
hours before I noticed that the permissions on some of the Perl files
were wrong (so that they weren't readable for the web server process).