[rt-users] SSL support...

Cerion Armour-Brown cerion at open-works.co.uk
Mon Jun 28 05:23:28 EDT 2004

On Sunday 27 June 2004 23:50, fmml at cedval.org wrote:
> Could not use rt with ssl and vhost, finally got it to work with straight
> alias and it is now fine. Wonder what advantages there are in using
> vhosts?
The advantage is simply being able to run more than one site on your server.
You can't have more that one ssl vhost (name resolution doesn't work with ssl,
so you can only resolve on the vhost being on port 443)... but you can have
other, non-ssl vhosts at the same time.

I did set this up last year, if you're interested, but I've since moved back
to a non-ssl setup, and instead forward http connections through ssh.
Cerion