[rt-users] RT2: Ill effects of removing "RT-Originator"?

Scott A. McIntyre scott at xs4all.net
Tue Jun 29 10:25:50 EDT 2004

Hello,

In RTHOME/lib/Action/SendEmail.pm, the following exists in RT2:

SendEmail.pm:    $self->SetHeader('RT-Originator',
$self->TransactionObj->CreatorObj->EmailAddress);

Would there be any ill effects to how RT works by commenting this out or
removing it (or setting it to some global default)?  As far as I can tell,
the answer is no, but I'm not sure about any unintended consequences.

Some of our users are concerned that this is a privacy leak that they'd
prefer to avoid if possible.

Thanks,

Scott