[rt-users] [Fwd: RT]

Alex Soares de Moura alex at rnp.br
Mon Mar 1 10:33:18 EST 2004

Hello,

Suddenly, this morning the RT of our production server started showing
the error below accessing the RT web interface:

error:       Insecure dependency in eval while running setgid at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.2/Locale/Maketext/Guts.pm line 247.
context:
243:      unshift @code, "use strict; sub {\n";
244:      push @code, "}\n";
245:
246:      print @code if DEBUG;
247:      my $sub = eval(join '', @code);
248:      die "$@ while evalling" . join('', @code) if $@; # Should be
impossible.
249:      return $sub;
250:      }
251:
code stack:
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.2/Locale/Maketext/Guts.pm:247
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.2/Locale/Maketext.pm:196
/opt/rt3/lib/RT/CurrentUser.pm:360
/opt/rt3/lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm:215
/opt/rt3/share/html/Elements/Login:44
/opt/rt3/share/html/autohandler:195
raw error
<http://200.17.63.80/rt/#raw>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Environment:
FreeBSD 4.9-STABLE, rt-3.0.8, rtir-1-0-2, mysql-server-4.0.17,
p5-DBIx-SearchBuilder-0.96, p5-FastCGI-0.67.

but the followup isn't a solution for us. To change the fastcgi to
mod_perl would be a undesirable change in the environment that's been
working well and stable for a couple of months.

I'm even afraid of restarting the apache and/or the mysql servers  once
some of the users that logged in early in the morning are accessing
without problems (me included). Only the users that are trying to log in
since an hour ago are having this error message displayed.
-------

Last min. update: the problem misteriously disappeared while I was
writing this email. Go figure...

Alex