[rt-users] Ticket creation fails - sequences borked after export RT2 (MySQL) to RT3 (Oracle) ??

Myra Chachkin myra at ack.Berkeley.EDU
Tue Mar 2 13:03:01 EST 2004

Hi,

I ran across something similar.  The RT/FM Installation Guide for RT3
(http://fsck.com/rtfm/article.html?id=2) has a hint about updating
sequences, but it's in the "Upgrading from 1.0.x" section.  It says "If you
are importing to a postgres database, you will need to execute the following
SQL statement from within your RT2 database: "SELECT setval('tickets_id_seq',
(select max(id) from tickets));".  I'm using Postgres, and I had to do this
after upgrading from RT2 to RT3.  I had to update the tickets, transactions,
attachments, users, and groups sequences.  As far as I can tell, this is not
documented for the RT2->RT3 upgrade, or for other databases besides Postgres.

Myra