[rt-users] fastcgi & ticket seach redirect...

Cerion Armour-Brown cerion at terpsichore.ws
Wed Mar 3 20:19:14 EST 2004

Hi,
I have (had) a working installation of RT3.0.9 with apache1.3.29 + mod_perl1
I've just been installing apache2 (I'll need it for subversion) and figured
I'd add in fastcgi and use it for RT, rather than running two separate
apache's...

All was (fairly) plain sailing, until my current problem:
In RT, everything works fine _except_ when I try to do a manual ticket search
- I get taken to 'index.html?q=1', but no further - I get a blank page, I'm
not redirected.
The _only_ log I get is:
"GET /index.html?q=1 HTTP/1.1" 200 1
(yep, apache LogLevel is debug)

I can't find anything anywhere about this.
I was recently told the problem with redirect for mod_perl (getting a 200 OK -
'The document has moved here.' page) will be fixed in RT3.0.10
Has this anything to do with the same thing?

I found various references to suidperl in the lists, but have never had a
message saying anything like "Can't do setuid"...
Is this still relevant with the latest releases of everything?
Someone suggested using "FastCgiWrapper /usr/local/apache2/bin/suexec", but
fastcgi server dies horribly when I do that, hence no wrapper.
Is it anything to do with this? Surely I'd get an error msg if so?
Argh!

Cheers,
Cerion

P.S. Here's my httpd.conf, just in case:
-----------
LoadModule fastcgi_module modules/mod_fastcgi.so
AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi
FastCgiServer /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi

<VirtualHost *>
  DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html
  ServerName xxxxxxxxx
  ServerAdmin xxxxxxxxxxx
  ErrorLog /usr/local/apache2/logs/rt3_error_log
  TransferLog /usr/local/apache2/logs/rt3_access_log

  AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

  Alias /NoAuth/images/ /opt/rt3_local/images/
  ScriptAlias / /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/
</VirtualHost>