[rt-users] Tip: using procmail to guard against mail loops

Adam Hirsch adam at baz.org
Fri Mar 5 19:35:23 EST 2004

Figured I'd share, since I got this working, and it even preserves $EXTENSION,
if you like that sort of thing:

in /etc/aliases:
###############

 queue:    "|/usr/bin/procmail -p -a $EXTENSION -m QUEUENAME=ops /usr/local/etc/RT.procmailrc"
 queue-c:  "|/usr/bin/procmail -p -a $EXTENSION -m QUEUENAME=ops /usr/local/etc/RT.procmailrc"

###############
in /usr/local/etc/RT.procmailrc:
###############

 VERBOSE=no
 PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/sbin
 UMASK=077
 COMSAT=yes
 FORMAIL=/usr/bin/formail
 SENDMAIL=/usr/sbin/sendmail
 LOGFILE=/var/tmp/proclog

 :0H
 /dev/null

 :0H
 | /opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue $QUEUENAME --extension ticket --action comment --url http://localhost/

 :0HE
 | /opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue $QUEUENAME --extension ticket --action correspond --url http://localhost/

Adam

--
Before you start saying yuppies don't exist: they do. ... Androids who never
get jokes and who have something scared and mean at the core of their