[rt-users] Qestion about custom fields and templates

Matthias Ludwig m.ludwig at drachenfels.de
Tue Mar 9 10:04:53 EST 2004

we now use RT 3.0.9 and want to include the contents of
some custom fields in e.g. the AutoReply message on ticket creation.
I found a way to include this content but i think there must be
an easier way to do that. Since i am not a Perl guru any help
is appreciated.

My 'code' included in the AutoReply template for the first
custom field of a ticket:
Name : {my $CustomFields = $Ticket->QueueObj->CustomFields(); my
$CustomField = $CustomFields->Next(); my $Values =
$Ticket->CustomFieldValues($CustomField->Id); my $Value = $Values->Next();
$Value->Content}

This task would be much more easier if something like
Name: {$Ticket->CustomFieldContent('Name of field')}
would be possible.

Matthias Ludwig