[rt-users] Why is submitting/updating a ticket SO SLOW

rt-users at chagres.net rt-users at chagres.net
Fri Mar 12 21:32:22 EST 2004

Hi List,

I've gotta assume that we are all not having the performance
issues I'm having.

When submitting a update to a ticket via the web interface
it will take 18 to 35 seconds for the server to respond.

This should be a

UPDATE <blob of update data> where ticket = ticknum

style SQL update.  Otherwords its not rocket science to insert/update
this into the sytem.

Hey Best Practical!!  I've posted a number of performance queries
haven't heard from you guys at all.

Given the current speed issues I'm not very motivated to PAY
BP a maint contract.   A DB with less than 150 tickets, 6 users
should be way faster than this...

I really need to get the performance issues resolved, or drop
this code and go purchase a commercial product.

cheers

john brown