[rt-users] Big performance gain from using FQDN??

Adolfo Santiago mailbag at anothernet.com
Tue Mar 16 11:53:56 EST 2004

If DNS from the Windows machine is a factor, putting an entry for RT in the
hosts file of the machine will make a big difference.  This is a sensible
approach if the IP address of the RT machine is unlikely to change.

I need to clarify, however, that the performance gains we are getting seem
to come from the RT server itself, either the Apache daemon or one or more
of the Perl modules.

Chago