[rt-users] RT3 is very slow

Harald Wagener hwagener at hamburg.fcb.com
Thu Mar 18 05:24:58 EST 2004

Am 18.03.2004 um 09:56 schrieb Tomáš Hurýn:

> Hallo,
>   we've a machine with RT3, about 300 tickets and 50 users and RT is
> very
> slow. Ticket, that have meny attachemets and comments, is displaying
> 2:45 min
> on dual PII 350 MHz. But overal system is very slow, not only big
> tickets.
>   If I move RT3 on Duron 1,8 GHz, 1 GB RAM, the same ticket is
> displaying 45
> sec. - it's no good result.

You need to tell us which versions of rt, perl You use.
You need to tell us which database You use (and which version).

Then we can try helping You.

Recommmended is

RT 3.0.9 (latest)
perl 5.8.3 (latest)
MySQL 4.0.18 (latest) with innodb type tables

A lot of speed can be gained by tuning MySQL.

Regards,
     Harald