[rt-users] Re: NT authentication, account creation

Reggie Nalder escualawork at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 23 15:15:55 EST 2004

I have found that I need to have a Linux account to
authenticate with Apache. Once authenticated, the RT
login screen
will be a "dead" interface unless I create an RT user
with the same userID as the domain account and Linux
account.

I would like to know how to authenticate to the domain
without a linux account, and also how can RT create an
RT user from simply a succesful Apache domain
authentication.
Does autocreate only work when an email comes in ? We
are only going to allow users to input tickets through
the web interface.

This is what I have in /etc/pam.d/httpd

auth	required	/lib/security/pam_smb_auth.so	debug
auth	required	/lib/security/pam_permit.so