[rt-users] timeline for RTWin with inbound mail support?

Autrijus Tang autrijus at autrijus.org
Wed Mar 24 05:29:27 EST 2004

On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 08:24:19AM -0800, Niedens, Travis wrote:
> I've been waiting over 3 months myself.  We upgraded to RT 3.0.9 for email
> out and it is far from stable in my opinion.  Honestly, a port should have
> all of the basic features right out of the gate.  Email in/out is one of the
> most critical features of RT.  We are considering moving the the *NIX
> version right now.

*NIX is RT's native platform, so I'd certainly recommend it over Win32.

On the other hand, after discussing with Jesse, we discovered that incoming
mail (POP3/IMAP) support can be easily achieved with "fetchmail".  You can
download fetchmail from the GNUWin32 project, and set it up according to
the RT FAQ (http://www-zeuthen.desy.de/ape/rt/docs/rt-FAQ.html):

    # .fetchmailrc
    poll mail.yourdomain.com proto pop3:
    username rt password ***** mda "/path/to/perl.exe /path/to/rt-mailgate rt correspond"

Run "fetchmail -d 300" to have fetchmail run every 300 seconds as a
daemon to check for mail on the mail server. You may want to put this
into a startup script.

Thanks,
/Autrijus/