[rt-users] RT 3.0.9, Apache2, and FastCGI problem...

Steve Wampler sbw at tapestry.tucson.az.us
Thu Mar 25 10:36:14 EST 2004

On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 10:27:50PM -0500, Michael S. Liebman wrote:
> At 06:01 PM 3/24/2004, Steve Wampler wrote:
>
> >Now, when I start httpd, the httpd error_log file starts filling
> >with the following message (repeated one per second, forever):
> >[Wed Mar 24 15:37:40 2004] [crit] (13)Permission denied: FastCGI: can't \
> >    create server "/opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi": bind() failed      \
> >    [/etc/httpd/logs/fastcgi/362fab4db3d651b6d082c0358ebb4d83]
> [snip happens]
>
> It's not the RT files that it can't access, it is the FastCgiIpcDir
> directory. It is trying to create temporary files. Make sure you set this
> directive. I don't have access to my RT installation at the moment and I
> forget if the user running Apache and/or the RT group need permissions to
> the directory. Be very restrictive with the permissions you set on this
> directory. There are serious security implications for the files stored in
> there. Do not set the mode to 777 as has been previously suggested.

Thanks, Michael - that helps.

(For the group in general:)

However, I'm now seeing a different problem - it appears as though
the fastcgi support is written assuming that RT is served from the
rootdir - is that correct?  I'm trying to serve it from <URL>/rt,
and while the login page loads, the subsequent load of what should
be <URL>/rt/index.html is coming out <URL>/index.html.  A look
at the page source for the login page shows the "action" to
be "index.html" where I think it should be "rt/index.html".

Yes, I've got WebPath set to "/rt" in RT_SiteConfig.pm, and
the relevant part of httpd.conf is:
<VirtualHost XXXX.XXXX.XXXX.XXX:443>
    DocumentRoot /var/www/https
    # (sbw 2004/03/21): Added support for RT problem tracker

    PerlModule Apache2 Apache::compat
    PerlModule Apache::DBI

    AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

    PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl
    ScriptAlias /rt /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/
    Alias /NoAuth/images /opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images/

    # I've tried using <Location /rt> here, instead of <Directory ...>
    <Directory /opt/rt3/share/html>
        AddHandler fastcgi-script .fcgi
        # I've tried it with the next two lines commented out
        #   individually and collectively
        PerlHandler RT::Mason
        RedirectMatch permanent (.*)/$ https://weaver.tuc.noao.edu%1/index.html
        Options All
    </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

Does anyone have a similar setup working?  Can you see something odd
about the above?  Thanks!!

-Steve
--
Steve Wampler     {sbw at tapestry.tucson.az.us}
The gods that smiled upon your birth are laughing now. -- fortune cookie