[rt-users] How good is the RT3 support for an Oracle DB?

Paulo Matos pjsm at fct.unl.pt
Fri Mar 26 06:02:39 EST 2004

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004, Todd Chapman wrote:

> I have been happily developing a customized RT3 against
> a MySQL database for our company. For production I may
> be forced to use Oracle. How good is the RT3 support
> for Oracle? Is there much of a performance difference?
> Any gottchas I should watch out for?

Most of this issues are RT independent, for problems, improvemnents,
performance or other you should start looking at:

http://search.cpan.org/dist/DBD-Oracle/Oracle.pm

You might get erroneus performance reports depending on Oracle setup.
Performance tunning on Oracle is much more sofisticated and tricky than
MySQL. Usually Oracle defaults are good but with tunning you can almost
always get more from it.

Hope this helps,

--
	Paulo Matos