[rt-users] upgrade to 3.0.9 breaks

Coleman, Rebecca Rcoleman at interpublic.com
Fri Mar 26 15:07:38 EST 2004

so, i upgraded perl from 5.8.0 to 5.8.3, upgraded DBIx::SearchBuilder to
.97, then rt-test-dependencies finds everything it thinks it needs, so i
make upgrade.  blam!  rt is choking right and left.  sometimes internal
server error, sometimes just no style sheets, etc.  I see the following
types of errors scrolling like crazy in the rt.log:

[warning]: Attempt to free unreferenced scalar: SV 0x9654efc at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Record.pm line 819

please note at this point that i *DID* upgrade DBIx::SearchBuilder to the
recommended version.

and in the rt-error-log in my httpd/logs dir, i see this:

[error] panic: DBI active kids (5) > kids (2) at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle.pm line 410.

I searched the list and found a few messages like this - the suggestion was
to upgrade DBIx::SearchBuilder.....but I *already* did that....any other
suggestions?

I have restarted apache several times - no go.  Works briefly, but with any
load on the system, it goes nuts.

Thanks in advance,
Rebecca

Unless you are the intended recipient (or authorized to receive this message
for the intended recipient), you may not use, copy, disseminate or disclose
to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you
have received the message in error, please advise the sender by reply
e-mail, and delete the message. Thank you very much.